Monday, May 5, 2014

The Cure To Boredom Part II

AdventureTo Do List Spring/Summer 2014

From my 2013 Adventure List African Wildlife Safari Park 6/28


A couple posts ago I wrote a post about my cure to boredom. I spoke about how I create lists of things I want to experience, research the topic and then set up a plan to make the thing on my list a reality. Last year my list was more about others than myself. List 2013 included taking my nephew to The African Wildlife Safari Park in Port Clinton and the Marblehead Lighthouse. It also included introducing my sister to the Shores and Island of Lake Erie, Ohio for her 30th birthday. Since I planned my sisters weekend I made sure to include a few places I had yet to explore myself in all the times I'd visited Port Clinton and Put in Bay. This year I have broken things down into seasons. I wanted to share with you my adventure list for Spring/Summer 2014.  I just finished this list last week and it isn't a very daring list. It is mostly comprised of places I recently read about and places or things that I have been meaning to do the last two summers.  However, I did include one activity that scares me a 
little. 



My 'Adventure To Do List' is in no particular order. 

1.  Go Canoeing (In spite of me not knowing how to swim.)
2.  Use my Picnic Basket 
3.  Go on the Short North Columbus Food Adventures Tour 
4.  Take a ride on the Valley Gem Sternwheeler in Marietta
5.  Visit downtown Yellow Springs
6.  See BeyoncĂ© & Jay Z on their On the Run Tour (ticket purchased for Cincy date 6/28)
7.  Take a nature walk at least once a month in Ohio's many parks
8.  Taste Durian (a fruit from Thailand)
9.  Check five restaurants off my 'Eating Your Way Across Ohio' book
10. Go to a Columbus Clippers Game


If you haven't created an adventure list before, start one today. See how many things you can experience this season. I have read in many sources including Forbes that when you write things down, you are more likely to do them. If money is an issue with your to do list, there are discounts all over the place through services like Groupon and Living Social that help make some of these things more feasible. So start your list and enjoy your summer!



Share! What is on your list? I would love to know. Maybe you will inspire me to add more to my list.


Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable! 

Today might I add, Be adventurous!
Kris,

No comments:

Post a Comment