Friday, May 2, 2014

Dancing with Drag Queens

CHECKING CHER OFF MY LIST

Photo courtesy of celebs.com

Two nights ago, I went to a Cher concert alone. She was on my to do list of people to see in concert. I am not sure why I had not seen her sooner but I am so happy that I finally did. Having studied fashion design in school, she has long been a source of fashion inspiration for me and many others.


When I woke up Wednesday I had not bought a ticket. I did not possess a ticket until I visited the ticketmaster website late that afternoon. Lets just say it was a last minute decision that I am patting myself on the back for. I threw on a vintage sequin jacket that I'm certain would have earned Cher's approval and was off. The show was the best I have ever seen.  She puts on a fantastic show! This 67 year old woman puts many of us to shame with her fabulous costumes, wigs, huge headpieces, and ridiculous amount of energy while wearing heels. If she is coming to your city, I recommend you go to the show if you don't already have plans to do so. Between Cher's colorful show full of visually stimulating images, sexy choreography and spinning acrobats and Cyndi Lauper's spunk and ability to make you reminisce fond memories of the 80's, you will leave in a positive mood.  I left feeling happy and energized. Plus, my sequin jacket was a hit with ladies, gentlemen and those still trying to decide, as Cher would say. I got lots of compliments. Thanks to Cher, Ms. Lauper and all the queens that night, it was a party and I had a blast.


There are a few other people I want to see or wish I could see. My list is in no particular order and some of these people are impossibilities for the obvious reasons.


1. Michael Jackson

2. Whitney Houston
3. Tina Turner
4. Madonna
5. Earth Wind & Fire (check) 7/4/14 Free concert in Dublin for the holiday
6. Cher (check)
7. Cyndi Lauper (check)
8. Prince
9. Kiss
10. Queen Latifah


Who is on your dream concert list?


No comments:

Post a Comment