Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 In the Rear View

I feel like this year has flown by so rapidly! As I get older, it seems like New Years Eve and birthdays come back to back, hardly giving me time to rest in between. The saying is that " time flies when you are having fun." So, I guess I must be enjoying my life. Well, I can certainly say I have had a good year but it has also had it's not so great moments. For quite some time now, I have tried to keep a positive attitude and go with the flow when ever possible. This year I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do but I did a lot. I am ever so grateful for the great things I got to experience but also for the chaos because it turned into opportunities to bond with my family and friends.

In 2015 I made my first snowman who was actually a snow-woman. She was fabulous! I treated my guy to a Tesla concert in Troy, Ohio. It was my first Tesla concert and our first time in Troy. The city of Troy is beautiful, by the way. I saw Chris Brown, Trey Songz and Tyga in concert with my sister. I started a list of 101 Cool Places & Things in Ohio. I saw the legend,Stevie Wonder,in concert and was surprised by his special guest India Arie. I saw White Snake & Scorpions in concert. I got to hang out with my nephew all summer for the second year.  I took my nephew to his first concert to see Fall Out Boy and Wiz Khalifa where I blushed and cringed at the sight of large blow up joints being thrown around. I grew great tasting vegetables and fruits in my garden and my parents garden. My family took a trip to Orlando and introduced my nephew to Disney World. I saw my grandpa Robinson who I hadn't seen in ten years also while I was in Florida. My sister and I started a sister trip tradition. We spent a weekend in the Cincinnati area where we checked off four places on my to do list: Loveland Castle, Newport Aquarium, Jungle Jim's International Market & Findlay Market on a tour with Cincinnati Food Tours.  I took a meditation class to introduce the art of meditation into my daily life. To end the year I did my second list of residential holiday light displays and it became the most viewed blog post of any of the ChristinaKristin blogs in three days. Yay!

left to right: Frostine the Snow-woman, Tesla concert, Wiz Khalifa, My veggies, Epcot, Disney, Newport on the Levee with my sister, Findlay Market in Over the Rhine & Columbus KTC Buddhist Center

It has been an amazing year, full of love and color and hope. I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for me, other than a trip to the dentist next week. Lol. I look forward to spending more time with my friends home and away. I look forward to more travel and more learning. I look forward to really living my life and learning to be more independent.

What were your 2015 highlights?

No comments:

Post a Comment