Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Skin Things

Skin Things




I don't make a habit of talking about products here and I probably won't unless it is something I really believe in. Minimo is the first brand I decided worthy of discussing on my personal blog. Our skin is the largest organ of the body and it tells a lot about our age and overall health. So, heading toward forty, I have paid extra special attention my skin lately. Although, I have been diligent about keeping my skin moisturized, I still notice some skin changes happening slowly. I have had more issues with allergies regarding detergents and foods that have really effected my skin in a negative way. I have switched to fragrance free laundry detergent, I have to wear my perfume on my clothes and not my skin, I can't use cheap razors or wear certain deodorants. It seems like I am easily irritated by more than I was in my teens and twenties. 

I was introduced to this brand by my girlfriend, who started using the products when they  were released. I noticed right away that her skin was showing significant changes. Her breakouts were less and her dark marks were fading. So when I was in Atlanta in the beginning of our relationship, I would mooch off of her supply. She got tired of me using all of her products and gifted me some of my own.I have been using the brand ever since. 

The brand offers masks for different skin needs. My favorite is one of the first products that was introduced, Glow is a mask and scrub made with turmeric and a lot of other skin healthy ingredients. It has really helped me, my girlfriend and mom reduce dark spots. I also really love Velvet, a cleansing butter balm that works great for removing makeup dry, then once water is added, it turns into a a lathering soap. For Christmas, I received two new products that I have become a fan of. Candy, is a lip scrub that can be eaten. It leaves my lips soft and moisturized. It also tastes great. Then there is Bounce, a watermelon scented eye cream that moisturizes my eyes without irritation and smells lovely. It is probably my most important product. I am really worried about developing lines around my eyes especially since I rub them a lot. 

Minimo offers so many great products and at a sensible price point. The brand was started out of necessity by a black single mom who was concerned about the chemicals she was exposing herself and her child to. You can try the products I suggested and more at a 20% discount today with code (LOVEBUG).




Check out Minimo (Here)

Be blessed! Be free! Be adventurous!

Kris,

No comments:

Post a Comment